The Association des anciens étudiants autochtones – AAÉA (Aboriginal students Alumni Association) of UQAC was created. It is intended to former Aboriginal students who attended the Chicoutimi campus and off-campus centres in the last 25 years, from the CPNN creation in 1991 until today.
Who is it for?
Former First Nations students who have attended the Chicoutimi campus and the off-campus centres in the last 25 years.
Its mandates are
- To provide access to a quality university education meeting the needs of First Nations
- To increase the First Nations students pool
- to increase its range of services and program
Its objectives are
- to increase student enrollment by improving retention
- To improve UQAC’s integration in its region and within its surrounding communities
- To foster collaboration
- To strengthen its presence in the territory
To honour these objectives, we have a project including the development of a AAEA website and the making of former students video vignettes for the site.
To allow the creation of a strong and significant link between the new and former students, we want to establish a mentoring program. Mentors will act as companions for our future students’ passage and journey at the university.
Several projects are under way. Stay tuned for more!